Paul Ryan for veep? He has a 31.6% chance of being Romney's running mate, according to Intrade on.mktw.net/NlqJ57— MarketWatch (@MarketWatch) August 10, 2012
From Breitbart ~ Read the Signs
1. Ryan has surged on InTrade's prediction market in the past two days, making him the #1 contender ahead of Ohio Senator Rob Portman.
2. Ryan was on vacation in Colorado this week, but appeared at a memorial service today near Milwaukee for victims of Sunday's shootings at a Sikh temple...
3. ...and a mysterious charter plane from Boston to Ryan's hometown of Janesville, WI was reported this afternoon.
4. Breitbart News has learned that one major news network was alerting producers that Romney could announce his choice today...
5. ...and Romney is due to begin a bus tour tomorrow that will take him through several swing states--and which is thought to be a chance to showcase his running mate.
6. It is not unprecedented for campaigns to announce the candidate for Vice President on a Friday night. Barack Obama announced Joe Biden as his pick on a late Friday night/early Saturday morning in 2008.
7. Update: Tagg Romney was also in southwestern Wisconsin today--with Paul Ryan--to attend the Sikh memorial ceremony and represent his father.
Take note, veep watchers: Earlier today, a charter plane took off in Boston, stopped in Chicago, then flew to the tiny airport in Janesville, Wis. Janesville, of course, is the hometown of Representative Paul Ryan, a top vice-presidential contender. According to a source on the ground, the plane is still in Wisconsin.
~ The Drudge Report
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, himself often mentioned as a top-tier candidate for vice president, today recommended Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan for the job.
Speaking this afternoon at RedState Gathering 2012 in Jacksonville, Fla., Jindal’s message of responsible spending and education reform had plenty of attendees sold on him as the vice presidential candidate.
Paul Ryan Is a Great Choice . . . By which I mean, Paul Ryan would be a terrible choice for vice president, so by all means, Mitt, proceed!
. . . Tapping Ryan would very unusual for the risk-averse Romney, but boy, if this is the one risk he decides to take, will it be revealing of his character and his priorities for the country. The one "bold" thing he does is aimed at pleasing Bill Kristol and 29 other Beltway insiders who want to privatize the universe. As the man once said, bring it on!
~ Michael Tomasky on The Daily Beast
I’m almost hoping it is Paul Ryan. Number one, I would love to see a national referendum on this Medicare scheme Paul Ryan is pushing. Number two, if Paul Ryan is the vice presidential nominee … you will see Eddie Munster trend every day on Twitter until after Election Day!
~ John Fugelsang on Current
And please, please, please almighty powers of the universe, let Mitt jump off the cliff of desperation by choosing Paul Ryan as a VP— Charles M. Blow (@CharlesMBlow) August 10, 2012
Paul Ryan would be good for web traffic and cable news ratings.— Nate Silver (@fivethirtyeight) August 10, 2012
VP tea leaf reading: In last few hours, Paul Ryan's PAC has amended several mos. of $ reports. Preparing for big announcement w FEC cleanup?— Kenneth P. Vogel (@kenvogel) August 3, 2012
Really Mitt could not pick anybody more Anglo-Saxon than Paul Ryan.— Flippin UID (@FlippinUID) August 10, 2012
Sign favoring Paul Ryan: Romney's been hiring senior policy advisers from Ryan's committee staff is.gd/QtZsdo— Dan McLaughlin (@baseballcrank) August 10, 2012
The GOP bosses agree that Paul Ryan is the best VP choice to get social conservatives to vote against their own interests.— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) August 10, 2012
— FunkSands (@funksands) August 10, 2012
@johnfugelsang He's got Bette Davis eyes after all.
Sure hope this creep is the pick.WSJpushes Granny Starving Vampire Ryan for veep politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/09/wal…— Middle Class Warrior (@ZeitgeistGhost) August 10, 2012
— Cymbeline (@Cymbeline3) August 10, 2012
@gottalaff Is there ANYONE in DC more overrated than that dim bulb Paul Ryan?
CNN just suggested that republicans don't trust Mitt Romney so they want him to pick Paul Ryan.— Eduardo G Saldana (@eduardogsr1990) August 10, 2012
PAUL RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!— Alex Greene (@AlBGreene) August 10, 2012