Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ann Romney Loves Women, Avoids Female Issues

Photobucket

Women, you need to wake up. Mitt will be there for you, he will stand up for you, he will hear your voices, he knows how to fix an economy, he's a can-do kind of guy, he's a turnaround guy.
~ Ann Romney in Findlay, Ohio, on September 6, 2012

One Day Later . . .

Ann Romney Interview with KWQC Iowa on September 7, 2012

Anchor David Nelson: "What is your message to voters?"

Ann Romney: "My message, really was, ‘women, I hear your voices,' and the interesting thing about this economy, this tough economy that we're going through, is that women have been hit the hardest. And I wanted to make sure that women of America knew that we have been across this country for the last year and a half and we are very aware of how tough it is for them.

They are juggling so many things, and I think all of us know that women work harder than anyone and that they hold down jobs, they are raising the kids, they're trying to get food on the table and everything else and they're really being stretched and my message was really for women and it's saying ‘trust my husband, he does not fail he will not fail' and he is going to work harder than anyone to make sure that your economic prosperity and your future will be more sound with him."

Anchor David Nelson: "Here in Iowa, as you know, same-sex marriage is legal. Do you believe a lesbian mother should be allowed to marry her partner?"

Ann Romney: "You know, I'm not going to talk about the specific issues. I'm going to let my husband speak on issues. I'm here to really just talk about my husband and what kind of husband and father he is and, you know, those are hot-button issues that distract from what the real voting issue is going to be at this election. That, it's going to be about the economy and jobs.

*snip* . . .

Anchor David Nelson: "Do you believe that employer-provided health insurance should be required to cover birth control?"

Ann Romney: "Again, you're asking me questions that are not about what this election is going to be about. This election is going to be about the economy and jobs."

Anchor David Nelson: "Well, a Pew Research poll shows those issues are very important to women, ranking them either "important" or "very important."

Ann Romney: "You know, but I personally believe, and this is what I'm hearing from women all across the country that they are going to look for the guy that's going to pull them out of the weeds and get them job security and a brighter future for their children. That's the message.

Listen, I've been across this country, I've been for a year-and-a-half on the campaign trail. I've spoken with thousands of women and they are telling me, they're telling me a couple of things, one they say they're praying for me which is really wonderful, and then they're saying, ‘please help, please help. We are so worried about our jobs.'

So really if you want to try to pull me off of the other messages it's not going to work because I know because I've been out there."

Anchor David Nelson: "Well, I don't want to pull you off any message. You just told a reporter who was questioning you in Cleveland that you want women to have a secure and stable future. I asked you about marriage and whether lesbian mothers should be allowed to marry. Isn't marriage a part of creating a stable future?"

Ann Romney: "You know, again, I'm going to talk to you about the economy and about job creation and about how my husband is the right person for the right time. This is going to be an election that is very important for women, and we are going to make sure that their economic prosperity is more certain under a President Romney."

Photobucket
Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quit asking me questions! I’m not here to talk about that! Why are you people bullying me? Let me spew my talking points!
~ BobCesca.com

I thought her husband was the only smarmy Romney. Now I know what drew them together!!!!!
~ comment by FedUp on The Hill

The issues are about what WE the People say they're about, not what Ann-toinette says they are.
~ comment by Carabella1 on The Hill

Women for Romney!
"We can meet a rich guy like Mitt if we try harder. So dream on!"
~ comment by moricone on The Hill

Contraception is an economic issue. What rock does this woman live under? Oh, wait, that's right-she lives under two rocks: Wealth & Privlege.
~ comment by Deborah P. on Think Progress

They would have been better off interviewing Rafalca.
Stomp your hoof once for NO and twice for YES,
This vapid woman is as useless as her husband.
~ comment by Charles A. on Think Progress

Birth control is just that, control. A woman's right to control when and if she has a family is directly related to the economy. Her husband has vowed to 'get rid of planned parenthood' that helps thousands if not millions of women in this country have access to birth control.
~ comment by Rene O. on Think Progress

She should go back to one of her many homes and speak to one of her underpaid staff about whether this is an economic issue. She might learn something.
~ comment by Nora W. on Think Progress













No comments:

Post a Comment