Thursday, September 6, 2012

DNC Night Two: Bill Clinton in the House

Photobucket

source: Atlantic Liveblog




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congressional Black Caucus ~
Including Emanuel Cleaver who goes off-script in a fiery speech
(begins at 5:37 on this video)




Photobucket
gif via jajsdoiuhasigyad.tumblr

"Now I greatly respect my Republican colleagues and their ideas. But make no mistake: I am proud to be a Democrat. I am proud to be a member of this great party," he said. "And we have, in many instances, been hit: 'They are liberal, they are progressive.'
"Look, if being liberal and progressive means that I care for children and whether they go hungry, color me! Color me a Democrat!" exhorted Cleaver in one of many deviations from his prepared remarks. "If being a Democrat means I'm concerned about our seniors in the sunset of their life, color me Democrat! Color me liberal! After all, we are the ones who protected Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, who fought for fair wages and who ended 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell.' We are Democrats! And don't you ever forget it!"
~ Emanuel Cleaver

Let me erase some confusion. Let me tell you something. There are people who poke fun at us Democrats. They say we go to far with this inclusion stuff. They say that we have a caucus for tall people and caucus for short people and a caucus for people who don't fit into any other caucus.
But let me just tell you - God did not burden the United States with the diversity of backgrounds, ideas and religions. He BLESSED America with them!
~ Emanuel Cleaver









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Cecile Richards, Planned Parenthood Federation of America president





















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Simone Campbell, one of the Nuns on the Bus















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sandra Fluke
























~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth Warren, U.S. Senate candidate (Massachusetts)


















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

President Bill Clinton



































Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment